Stronghold Engineering has been recognized by Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) as a 2022 Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC). AQC members proudly set the construction-industry standard as highly performing, ethical contractors and members of their communities. AQC status is determined by a stringent and thorough set of criteria that demonstrate commitment to five key areas of corporate responsibility: quality, safety, talent management, craft and management education, and community relations.
Annual recertification is required to ensure all participants uphold and maintain the rigorous set of AQC standards, including:
- Quality-based industry honors and third-party recognition;
- Maintenance of an effective company quality control program;
- Financial stability and adequate bond status;
- A strict safety environment, including Total Recordable Incident Rates (TRIR) at or below the industry average; a robust safety training program in adherence with the company’s corporate safety manual; consistent performance of pre-work job hazard analysis;
- Participation in ABC’s STEP safety Management system (ABC STEP Gold, Platinum or Diamond level required);
- Continued craft and management education;
- Highly competitive employee benefits and programs, civic involvement, and policies that foster nondiscrimination and a substance-free workplace.
In addition to qualifying in the other areas of corporate responsibility, Stronghold achieved STEP Gold.
AQC members are guided by the principles of free enterprise, along with other ABC members, and believe construction contracts should be awarded based on sound and credible criteria, such as those demonstrated by AQC. Stronghold Engineering, Inc. is committed to delivering its clients high quality services while providing their employees the freedom to work, grow and prosper within the parameters of a merit-based construction market. “Accredited Quality Contractors set the standard in the contracting community in safety, culture, workforce development, innovation, diversity and quality” said 2022 ABC National Chair of the Board of Directors Stephanie Schmidt, president of Poole Anderson Construction, State College, Pennsylvania. “Congratulations to this high-performing construction company. Daily, the leaders and employees of Stronghold Engineering commit to the highest level of corporate and community achievement, exemplifying the best about ABC membership.”
In achieving AQC status, each member company takes the following pledge:
As an Accredited Quality Contractor, our company is committed to providing our clients with the highest quality construction services and we care deeply about our employees and the communities in which we build. We are proud to be part of the construction industry and are dedicated to the principle of free enterprise. We commit ourselves to serve our communities and to provide our employees with the skills they need to work safely and productively in order to meet the needs of our clients.
AQC is recognized by Construction Users Roundtable, an organization founded by leading construction project owners.