Beverly and Scott Bailey pooled their resources and began doing business from their kitchen table in Southern California more than 20 years ago. With determination, hard work, a talented team and a commitment to exceeding client expectations, their vision soon became a reality. Stronghold Engineering, Inc. has thrived, grown and diversified ever since that day.
Stronghold provides clients with full-service construction support, including design build, engineering-procurement-construction (EPC), vertical, civil and high-voltage electrical construction. The Stronghold team works internationally from its headquarters in Southern California.
Stronghold has long been recognized for Excellence in Construction:
- Stronghold’s projects are consistently recognized with the U.S. Navy’s Safety Through Awards and Recognition (STAR) Award
- Winner of six (6) ABC Excellence in Construction Awards over the last two (2) years
- Winner of the 2010 National Excellence in Construction Award for LEED sustainable Design Build Project
- 2009 Associated Builders and Contractors General Contractor of the Year
- Over 1 Billion in Department of Defense and other government construction projects
- Beverly Bailey, CEO & President, was recognized as the U.S. Small Business Association’s 2010 Entrepreneurial Success of the Year
- Nationally recognized as an ENR Top 500 Construction Firm and Design Firm
- Ranked one of the Top 50 Contractors in California by California Construction
- 2016 Press Enterprise Top Places To Work in the Inland Empire
- 2015 Associated General Contractor of the Year Award Winner
- President & CEO Beverly Bailey honored with 2016 Enterprising Women of the Year Award
Stronghold also celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2016.
With aggregate bonding capacity of more than $250 million, we routinely engineer, design, and construct projects ranging in size from several hundred thousand to well over $100 million.
Stronghold’s uncompromising commitment to our diverse portfolio of clients leads all projects to success. We believe in a team approach internally and with our stakeholders and partners. That gives us the strength to succesfully manage and administer large design build and EPC projects nationally (Arizona, Nevada, Hawaii, Florida, New Mexico, California) and internationally (Canada and Barbados). Stronghold has more than 225 committed team members ready to effectively, efficiently, safely and succesfully manage the design build and EPC process, then continue with Operations and Maintenance Requirements.
Our succesful project management stems from two unique factors:
- Stronghold, on average, self-performs anywhere from 30% to 100% of the work on a given project; and
- Stronghold maintains a large, pre-qualified pool of SDVBE, MBE/WBE, and other small disadvantaged subcontractors with the same ideals and commitment.
With more than 15 general and electrical construction project managers, 20 superintendents and an equal number of quality control and site safety officers, Stronghold can staff and execute projects from any one of its many offices.
WE GIVE BACK
Stronghold is one of the nation’s most succesful graduates of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) program for small, disadvantaged businesses. We help small and disadvantaged businesses by recruiting and mentoring members of various trades. We owe our success to those around us and strive every day to pass our good fortune on.
Stronghold also contributes to community and charitable activities. Our company and employee support for the United Way of the Inland Valleys for the past 10 years has helped provide and raise funding for programs such as Alternatives to Domestic Violence, Habitat for Humanity, Operation SafeHouse and the Salvation Army.
Stronghold will continue to be an Industry Leader by making good on its commitment of Building Construction Excellence and remaining steadfast to its 20-year Mission Statement,
“Stronghold Engineering, Inc. provides construction excellence by exceeding the expectations of every customer through using progressive, innovative solutions, strong leadership, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.”