Stronghold Engineering, Inc. was recently named as one of the 2022 Best Contractors to Work for in Construction. The annual list of the Best Contractors to Work for in Construction was created by Concrete Contractor, Equipment Today, Asphalt Contractor and Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction and Best Companies Group.
This national survey and awards program is designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Construction, benefiting the industry’s economy, workforce and businesses. The 2022 Best Contractors to Work for in Construction list is made up of 18 companies. Stronghold employees nominated their employer for the award by filling out a survey. Stronghold is proud to have earned this industry-specific, nationally-recognized award.
To be considered for participation, companies had to fulfill the following eligibility requirements:
– Be a for-profit, not-for-profit business or government entity;
– Be a publicly or privately held business;
– Have a facility in the United States;
– Have at least 15 employees working in the United States
– Be in business a minimum of 1 year
– Be one of the following types of business whose primary business activity is
- General Building Construction
- Specialty and trades (Underground, Utility, Electrical, HVAC, Demolition, etc.)
Companies from across the United States entered the two-part survey process to determine the Best Contractors to Work for in Construction. The first part consisted of evaluating each nominated company’s workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems and demographics. This part of the process was worth approximately 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consisted of an employee survey to measure the employee experience. This part of the process was worth approximately 75% of the total evaluation. The combined scores determined the top companies and the final ranking. Best Companies Group managed the overall registration and survey and also analyzed the data and used their expertise to determine the final ranking.
The rankings will be released at the IGNITE Construction Summit event on December 7, 2022. Rankings will be released in Concrete Contractor, Equipment Today, Asphalt Contractor and Pavement Maintenance & Reconstruction in December.
For more information on the Best Contractors to Work for in Construction program, visit www.BestContractorsToWorkFor.com.
Employees were asked the question, “What does this organization do that makes it a place where people would want to work?” 55 team members gave Stronghold glowing reviews, noting the company’s incredible work-life balance, the emphasis placed on team unity, and frequent events for the team and their families.
Stronghold’s core values—quality, safety, teamwork, integrity, and commitment—truly shape employee experience. The survey results were filled with mention of the company’s culture and how they contribute to the familial environment, strong ethics, and mutual respect that the employees love.
Notable reviews include:
- “Gorgeous office, friendly environment, clean, wonderful people to work with, team atmosphere, live by core values, not a dull moment, events put on for team and many more.”
- “I have been working here for 14+ years now and Stronghold Engineering has been nothing but good to me. I have progressed and learned a lot with the Stronghold and have always been taken care of. Amazing place to work.”
- “Stronghold Engineering Inc. is a great place to work. I have been employed here since 2007 and have never thought about looking for another job. They always keep me busy and the only time I have not had a 40 hour week is if there is a national holiday. Stronghold has allowed me to live a great life and I am very happy to be an employee here.”
- “Stronghold has a strong sense of loyalty and commitment, like a family. We regularly get together as a team to celebrate our team and our company successes. We all work well together for the good of the company and our respective roles and responsibilities.”
- “This company is a family owned business that truly values and cares about their employees. The husband and wife owners are very involved in the day to day operations and work hard to make sure everyone’s efforts are appreciated. They also have done benefits for sick employees and/or members of their families on numerous occasions. The atmosphere and feeling that we, as employees, are really part of the family is evident daily and is greatly appreciated.”
When you work at Stronghold, you’re part of a team and a family. The company will always strive to deliver high quality, ambitious projects while making sure their team loves the work they’re doing. Stronghold is honored to be recognized as one of the Best Contractors to Work for in Construction!